Sanford K. Gurney House and Garage
Brigham, Coveney & Bisbee designed a summer house and garage for Sanford Gurney in 1917. He was in the jewelry business and resided in Brockton. The house and garage were likely demolished sometime in the 1960s, as they do not currently appear on the plot and the houses presently there date from that time.
Year Built: 1917
Year Demolished: Unsure of Date
No pictures are known to exist of these designs.
If the buildings existed today, they would be in the area of 539 Shore Road or 468 County Road. The plot of land runs between these two streets.
<<< Back to Design List
• The American Contractor, June 9, 1917, p. 30, Brigham, Coveney and Bisbee noted.
• Plan Book 89, Page 151, Barnstable County Registry of Deeds.
• Book 354, Page 67, Barnstable County Registry of Deeds, Ella Burgess to Sanford Gurney, June 8, 1917, 5.32 acres.
• Book 620, Page 414, Barnstable County Registry of Deeds, Mabelle Gurney to Isabelle Gersten, November 4, 1944.
• Book 735, Page 256, Barnstable County Registry of Deeds, Isabelle Gersten to Andrew and Gay Rogers, November 15, 1949, 2 plots 2.6 acres and 2.7 acres, see Plan Book 89, Page 151.
• Book 1029, Page 264, Barnstable County Registry of Deeds, Andrew and Gay Rogers to Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, February 2, 1959, two lots, see Plan Book 89, Page 151.