St. Luke's Church Parish House

209 Washington Avenue
Chelsea, Mass.

Year Built: 1913

Brigham, Coveney and Bisbee designed this parish house in 1913. It is unclear whether the stucco exterior was the original, as it was described as "sand struck brick." The parish house was altered beyond recognition in 2014.


References

• The American Contractor, August 9, 1913, p. 53.

• G.W. Bromley Atlas of Revere, Winthrop and Chelsea, 1896, Plate 7.

• G.W. Bromley Atlas of Revere, Winthrop and Chelsea, 1814, Plate 7.

• Sanborn Insurance Map, Chelsea, 1911 corrected to 1953, Plate 36.

• Sanborn Insurance Map, Chelsea, 1915, Plate 36.

• Sanborn Insurance Map, Chelsea, 1950, Plate 36.


Images


2011


2011


2011

<<< Back to Design List


Architecture
Home Page