St. John's Episcopal Church
1264 Tremont StreetBrigham, Coveney & Bisbee designed a renovation at St. John's Church, including the chancel, lady chapel, sacristies and a number of other rooms including a new stage in the basement hall, anterooms and lavatories. The renovation was made at the behest of a $10,000 donation to the church by Catherine A. Codman in memory of her brother, the Rt. Rev. Robert Codman, Bishop of Maine.
Year Built: 1916
Year Demolished: ca.1968
This building was destroyed by fire in the late 1960s.
• “Fine Gift to St. John’s,” Boston Globe, July 30, 1916, p. 11. Brigham, Coveney and Bisbee noted.
<<< Back to Design List