Charles Brigham Summer House

13 Winthrop Road
Shelter Island, N.Y.

Year Built: before 1909
Year Demolished: 1960s

This house was owned by William Theodore Brigham (Charles’ brother) and then Charles Brigham once William died in 1919. Charles used this as his summer home until he moved here permanently in 1922. This house has been demolished.


References

• Shelter Island Historical Society

• Walter Brigham, grand nephew of architect Charles Brigham.

• Visual evaluation by David J. Russo


Images


Courtesy, Shelter Island Historical Society


Courtesy, Shelter Island Historical Society


Courtesy, Shelter Island Historical Society


Courtesy, Shelter Island Historical Society

<<< Back to Design List


Architecture
Home Page