Samuel Adams Elementary School
165 Webster StreetBuilt in 1910. This building was originally two stories and the top floor was added by Brigham, Coveney & Bisbee in 1913. The original ornamentation (cornices, pediments, et c.) were likely replicated at the top of the new floor. The rear of this school sits commandingly at the top of a hill overlooking Boston Harbor.
East Boston, Mass.
Year Built: 1913
The school was built with red brick and red sandstone.
• “Descriptive Schedule of Active School Buildings, December 31, 1964,” City of Boston. (addition designed by Brigham, Coveney & Bisbee in 1913).
• “New School for the First Section, Boston Globe, December 21, 1909, p.8. (picture shows a two-story building).
<<< Back to Design List
Rear detail, 2007