Henry Clay Derby Garage
153 Watertown StreetBuilt in 1915 and survived the demolition of the main house in 1962. This building was subsumed into the 1962-constructed Hibernian Hall. No pictures are known to exist of this building before 1962.
Year Built: 1915
Year Demolished: 1962
As originally constructed, this building was 31.6 feet wide, 23 feet deep and 22 feet tall. The first floor was cement and the upper portion was wood.
• Town of Watertown, Building Permit, #2285, November 10, 1915, 31.6 x 31.6 x 23, Brigham, Coveney & Bisbee.
• Compare Sanborn Insurance Map, 1916, Sheet 25 with 1971 Sheet 1. The former garage is visible as part of the footprint of the 1962 building.
<<< Back to Design List
Brigham Sketch--Garage is at rear of plot.