John Carey Jr. Gardener’s Cottage, Renovation
523 Spring StreetThe gardener’s cottage was renovated in 1877.
Year Built: 1877
Year Demolished: Unsure of date
• Catalogue of an Exhibition of Contemporary Art, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, Alfred Mudge & Sons, 1879, pp. 39 (Sturgis & Brigham, #757, a gardener’s cottage).
• American Architect and Building News, December 1, 1877, Sturgis & Brigham, architects, noted. Exterior renovations only. “The original building was a plain square building with a pitched roof.”
<<< Back to Design List