Maine State House (rear wing)

83 State House Station
Augusta, Maine

Year Built: 1891
Year Demolished: 1909

A rear addition was added to the Maine State House in 1891. This portion of the building was demolished in 1909.


Registries

• National Register


References

• National Register of Historic Places, 1973, National Park Service #73000266.

• "Charles Brigham," Boston of To-day, Richard Herndon, Post Publishing, Boston, 1892, pp. 156-157 ("extension of the Maine State Capitol").

• “Architecture of H.H. Richardson and His Contemporaries in Boston and Vicinity: 1972 Annual Tour,” Society of Architectural Historians, Philadelphia, 1972, Margaret Henderson Floyd, (Brigham & Spofford, Maine State Capitol Addition, Augusta, Maine, 1888)


Images


Library of Congress


Library of Congress

<<< Back to Design List


Architecture
Home Page