St. Bartholomew Episcopal Church (1-story addition)

211 Columbia Street
Cambridge, Mass.

Year Built: 1912

A 1-story addition was added in 1912. Its unclear what alterations comprise this renovation. Comparing maps from 1900 and 1916, additions were made to the church building to connect it to the chapel. An addition was also added to the front of the building. An addition was also added in 1908. It may be that the 1908 and 1912 additions capture the full renovations as documented on these maps.


References

• Building Permit, City of Cambridge, permit 14563, 211 Columbia Street, 1 addition, 1912


Images



Sanborn Insurance Map, 1900, Sheet 17


G.W. Bromley Atlas of Cambridge, Mass., Plate 8, 1916

<<< Back to Design List


Architecture
Home Page


Feedback