St. Bartholomew Episcopal Church

211 Columbia Street
Cambridge, Mass.

Year Built: 1908

This building was altered in 1908.

Itís unclear what alterations comprise this renovation. Comparing maps from 1900 and 1912, additions were made to the church building to connect it to the chapel. An addition was also added to the front of the building. A 1Ĺ-story addition was also added in 1912. It may well be that the 1908 and 1912 additions capture the full renovations as documented on these maps.


References

• Building Permit, City of Cambridge, permit 12552, 211 Columbia Street, "additions," 1908


Images



Sanborn Insurance Map, 1900, Sheet 17


G.W. Bromley Atlas of Cambridge, Mass., Plate 8, 1916

<<< Back to Design List


Architecture
Home Page


Feedback