Clarence A. Dow House
451 Beacon StreetThis building was designed by Sturgis & Brigham and built in 1882 and is part of the Back Bay Historic District and a National Register Historic District.
Year Built: 1882
• Local Historical District
• National Register District
• Building Permit, City of Boston, 10/2/1882, #175, Clarence A. Dow (owner), Sturgis and Brigham (architects), 451 Beacon Street.
• “Architecture of H.H. Richardson and His Contemporaries in Boston and Vicinity: 1972 Annual Tour,” Society of Architectural Historians, Philadelphia, 1972, Margaret Henderson Floyd, (Sturgis & Brigham, 451 Beacon Street, C.A. Dow House, 1882)
• Massachusetts Cultural Resources Information System, Massachusetts Historical Commission, Inventory No. BOS.3007 (C.A. Dow House, 451 Beacon Street, 1882, Sturgis & Brigham, architects).
• Back Bay Historic District, 9/3/1966.
• Back Bay National Register Historic District, 8/14/1973, National Park Service #73001948.
<<< Back to Design List
2010, front door