T. Dennis Boardman House
244 Beacon StreetThis building was built in 1882 and is part of the Back Bay Historic District and a National Register Historic District. This building is a duplicate of the Sturgis & Brigham building next door at #242, except that this building has retained a much higher degree of its architectural integrity.
Year Built: 1882
• Local Historical District
• National Register District
• Massachusetts Cultural Resources Information System, Massachusetts Historical Commission, Inventory No. BOS.2824 (T.D. Boardman House, 244 Beacon Street, 1882, Sturgis & Brigham, architects).
• “Architecture of H.H. Richardson and His Contemporaries in Boston and Vicinity: 1972 Annual Tour,” Society of Architectural Historians, Philadelphia, 1972, Margaret Henderson Floyd, (Sturgis & Brigham, 244 Beacon Street, T.D. Boardman House, 1882)
• Back Bay National Register Historic District, 8/14/1973, National Park Service #73001948.
• Back Bay Historic District, 9/3/1966.
• Building Permit, City of Boston, 10/2/1882, #174, T. Dennis Boardman (owner) Sturgis & Brigham (architects), 244 Beacon Street.
<<< Back to Design List