T. Dennis Boardman House
242 Beacon StreetThis building was built in 1880 and is part of a National Register Historic District and the Back Bay Historic District. A duplicate house was also designed next door at #244 by Sturgis & Brigham. Comparatively, this house has been more altered than #244.
Year Built: 1880
• Local Historical District
• National Register District
• Back Bay National Register Historic District, 8/14/1973, National Park Service #73001948.
• Back Bay Historic District, 9/3/1966.
• Massachusetts Cultural Resources Information System, Massachusetts Historical Commission, Inventory No. BOS.2823 (T.D. Boardman House, 242 Beacon Street, 1880, Sturgis & Brigham, architects).
• Building Permit, City of Boston, 4/30/1880, #88, Sturgis & Brigham, 242 Beacon Street.
• “Architecture of H.H. Richardson and His Contemporaries in Boston and Vicinity: 1972 Annual Tour,” Society of Architectural Historians, Philadelphia, 1972, Margaret Henderson Floyd, (Sturgis & Brigham, 242 Beacon Street, Boardman House, 1880)
<<< Back to Design List