Charles and Mary Hobbs House
110 Garfield StreetThis is a 2½-story cruciform-shaped Arts and Crafts building with a gambrel roof. There is a full 2½-story cross-gambrel extending on both the north and south sides of the building along with a small dormer with one window at the northeast and southeast corners. The northern gambrel dormer contains an interesting oriel window. There are craftsman-like brackets at the eaves of the porch and along the dividing line between the first and second floors. The skin of this building is stucco. The porch contains shallow ogival arches. There are also two one-story recessed bays on the south side of the house.
Year Built: 1910
The house was built in 1910. Charles A. and Mary Hobbs resided here from ca. 1912-1930. Charles was a teacher.
• Building Permit, Town of Watertown, Brigham, Coveney & Bisbee noted, 12/6/1910, #906.
<<< Back to Design List
2007, from the south
2007, looking at the north side of the 2d floor from front of the house